Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Author Interview: Ruth Cardello

The next author in the series of interviews is Ruth Cardello.  She has made quite a name for herself the past two years and has hit the New York Times Best-Seller list.  She has just released her fourth book in the Legacy Series titled Saving the Sheikh.  You can find it on all major online retailers.

News about Ruth's Legacy Series:

Rise of the Billionaire will come out in the Spring. It’s the story of a hacker who had a rough childhood and the fantasy of being with one woman, Alethea, gave him the strength to overcome it.  Now that he has some influential friends who owe him pretty big favors, he’s determined to become the kind of man Alethea would be interested in – rich and dangerous.  Jeisa is the woman who has been hired to help him morph into that man.  Book 5 is one man’s journey to find himself and the difficult choices he has to make along the way. It’s also about the painful realization that sometimes when you love someone it means letting them go. Oh, yes, and hopefully some hot sex along the way!

List of Ruth's books that are currently available:

The Legacy Series:
Maid for the Billionaire (FREE on most ebook vendors)
For Love or Legacy
Bedding the Billionaire
Saving the Sheikh
Rise of the Billionaire (coming in the spring of 2013)

1.      Congratulations!  Your previous release, Bedding the Billionaire, made the New York Times Bestseller list.  How did you react when you saw your name on the list?

I cried happy tears. These past few years have been amazing for me in so many ways.  I left my day job to write more and spend more time with my kids. Making the NYTs bestseller’s list cemented for my family that I’d made the right choice. 

2.      Your new release is Saving the Sheik.  What is about Sheiks that gets your blood boiling and imagination flowing?

I can’t speak for other women, but for me it’s the fantasy of being swept away to somewhere exotic with a man who is both in control and helplessly into me.  The whole fantasy from the outfits to the pillows – to the arrogance of a desert prince. I just love it. I devour sheikh books like they are candy. 

3.      What are you plans for The Legacy Collection?

I’ve outlined 7 books for the series along with 2 novellas.  My next series will be about Greek Billionaires, but I think I’ll have them live in the world I’ve built. I had an image in my head of some billionaire turning on the TV and seeing a story about Dominic and it made me laugh out loud.  I’m enjoying these characters and it would be a fun way for people to keep track of them when I move on.

4.      What one thing can you not live without while you are writing?

My dogs. There is something so comforting about having someone with me even when no one else is home. They often hear an idea for a scene before anyone else does.  They don’t make good critics, though. They like everything.

5.      What was the last book by another author that you read?

I just read Sandra Marton’s Prince of Pleasure and loved it. I’ve been reading her romances for almost 20 years so I wasn’t surprised that I enjoyed it.

6.      You live on a small farm.  What one chore do you absolutely hate to do?

I don’t like spring clean up. I’m ok with poop detail year round. Don’t mind it fresh. Don’t mind it frozen. But when the ground is muddy and what was once hidden begins to thaw and appear – that’s when I send in the Marines.  Well, one retired Marine anyway. My husband is very good about taking over that chore for me each spring. I don’t need flowers or diamonds to know that he loves me. That’s plenty of proof for me!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth is not only a wonderful writer, but an equally wonderful individual. She is the shining example of 'paying it forward' and deserves every award and accolade she gets! I can't think of a better person to try to emulate.

    ReplyDelete