Southern Living posted a new Gingerbread Cocoa Recipe this past month and I have been waiting for the perfect time to try it out. Tonight, with the snow falling, is the perfect time!
What we need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 gal. milk
- Garnish: miniature marshmallows
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a 6-qt. Dutch oven until blended; gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker, and keep warm on LOW. Garnish, if desired.