Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Book for the Holidays

When I was in school, the last thing I wanted was a book for Christmas. In law school if I saw a book I would run screaming from the room. Try reading approximately 200 pages of law text a night and then see a book and say, "I want to read more!" Did. Not. Happen.

But, then something great happened. I passed the bar exam! I grabbed every book that I had not picked up for three years and toted them to the beach. I polished off eight books in six days.It was glorious.

Now I am so excited for Christmas because I hope for books under my tree and in my e-reader stocking. I love having other people buy me books, send me a book download (Amazon lets you purchase actual ebooks as gifts!), or through a Nook gift card. That means that person took the time to look through books for something they know I would like. It means a lot to me and it has the added benefit of experiencing something new.

Some of my favorite authors have been from a book that was given to me as a gift. My aunt will give me a different type of book than my mother-in-law and she'll give me a different kind of book than my best friend. You know why I love it so much? You find new authors, new books, and a new adventure with each one.

So, this year if you don't know what to get your best friend with her new Kindle or Nook, give her a book or books to build up her library on her new eReader! A thought for a gift - give a Kindle or Nook gift card with a list of books you recommend. Find your favorite books and pass them along - you never know what great new book you'll discover in return this holiday season!

Wishing you all a cup of hot cocoa, a warm blanket, a soft sofa, and a good book to curl up with this holiday season.

~Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment